- Being too cautious or hesitant.
- Being better in practice than in a game.
- Playing to “not mess up” instead of being aggressive.
- Poor body language.
- Undermining your own potential.
- Low confidence.
- Very nervous before a game.
- Easily distracted while competing.
- Struggles to bounce back after mistakes.
- Too critical of yourself and obsessing about being perfect.
If your team or athletes struggle with these Red Flags it is important to address them immediately. Working harder doesn’t solve these problems. Maturing doesn’t solve these problems. You don’t get better at Math by studying English. You need to address the problem head on.
Each of these can be improved with the right Mental Reps. As soccer players, we make thousands of physical reps a week (dribbling, shooting, tackling etc.) Take the right Mental Reps each week as well and that’s when you break through plateaus and Jump Levels!